Sunday, March 31, 2013

Retreat & Heal


Sometimes life gets in the way of how we think we should be living and changes our perception for the better.   After a series of accidents, surgery's, infections and a cancer scare all within a year’s time ignoring the possibility that my health and well being were in significant danger was no longer an option.   At this point I believed there were specific actions and decisions that undoubtedly contributed to my illnesses.  Patterns were being repeated over and over again. Time only heals when you let it.  The time was now.  

Even resourceful, emphatic, driven women get knocked for a loop too.  I needed help. I desired a better life.  I believed I deserved a better life. A life filled with health, wealth, love and the time to enjoy it all.  At the rate I was going I wasn't going to succeed at any of these.  I needed a respite, a vacation, time away to reprogram and recover.

Where should I go…. A resort?  No.  A spa?  Love a good spa but, No.  A retreat? YES. I needed a retreat!  A total withdrawal from ordinary activities to commune with myself in pray and reflection.  In other words complete Peace & Quite.


A friend of mine suggested I check out Sedona AKA Slowdona.  Perfect I thought.  I began researching retreats.  The first one I looked at was the one I booked.  I looked at many others but I kept coming back to Retreat & Heal.  Retreat & Heal!
As a massage therapist I found myself drawn to the former massage school owners Annie & Jerry Lawrence.  I went with my gut and booked my retreat. It would prove to be one of the best experiences of my life.

That which I was seeking was causing me to seek a deeper understanding of my personal relationships. Retreat and Heal helped me to identify the underlying causes of my addictive emotional patterns.  My goal:  free myself from physical and emotional pain, to make room for all the new and wonderful people, experiences and spaces undiscovered in my mind and ultimately my life.

If this sounds familiar and you've noticed what you’re doing isn't working any longer or serving your purpose then perhaps it time for a serious overhaul.

The journey was a series of endless moments of peace and happiness, tears and sadness, clarity and joy. Every step I take I take in gratitude for all I have and yet to be. The result, I have no pain.  The pain is gone. There is only light.  The light that shines from within and is all around us all the time.  The light of God and it is brighter then the Sun.




No comments: